DCC and Rebekah Meier Blog Hop
Hello Friends. Today I am hoping with DCC and Fabric Elements by Rebekah Meier’s. Rebekah graciously sent us an awesome kit to work with. It was a quilting kit. I am not a sewer so to speak so I did something a little different.
I used the Mini Paper Quilt Kit:
I also used:
- Beacon Fabri-Tac
- Earth Safe Finishes Gel Medium
- 8×11 Canvas
- Paint Brush
- Scrabble Tile
- Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive
- I squeezed a small amount of the Fabri-Tac around the outside of the frame and placed the 8×11 piece of batting on top.
- I ironed the piece of Osnaburg since it had been folded in the package.
- I then laid the piece of 12×14 Osnaburg on my work space and placed the canvas in the middle.
- I squeezed another small amount of the Fabri-Tac on the back of the canvas and started pulling the piece of Osnaburg tight folding it over the back.
- I set it aside to dry for just a few minutes while I cut a piece of the printed tissue paper included in the kit.
- I then adhered the tissue paper to the front of the canvas on top of the Osnaburg with the Gel Medium. I added two coats making sure it was secured.
- I let it dry and adhered one of my favorite photos to the piece of textured foam from the kit.
- I adhered the foam and photo to the top of the printed tissue paper using the Mono Multi Adhesive.
- I adhered the lace that came with the kit using the Fabri-Tac.
- To finish off the canvas I added a heart I cut out of the batting with a scrabble tile with my dogs name on it.
I hope you enjoyed my post today. I have hung this canvas up in my studio and plan on doing a few more. I love the way it came out.
Don’t forget to hop along and leave comments along the way. There is a giveaway from Rebekah.
The Blog Line Up: